Tuesday, November 24, 2015

NOW I'M MAD

"Seniors are retarded, they go way too hard" -anonymous

     Okay so in honor of tomorrow being my last spirit day ever at this school I'd like to share something that I thought would be appropriate, and this is something I overheard today.
     The above quote I heard when I was walking in the halls to my third period class. It was said by a junior whom I do know the name of but am not going to share. Let me give you a little bit of background in case you don't know......
the class of 2016 has always gone full out, we always have school spirit and rep our class (for the majority of people). And this Tuesday was the yearly color wars, the day when each class is assigned a color and you wear your color to rep your class. Now the seniors clearly won because we went the most full out (but that's beside the point). Do some of us look ridiculous? YES!! I'd say the majority of us look absolutely crazy! But the thing is WHO CARES???!!!
     We are having pride for our class, we want to have fun, and feel united as a class. What is so "retarded" about that? We want to celebrate this being our last year ever being able to create memories with these people as well as within this school. We will never live through color wars, or spirit day with each other again, and you're saying it's a bad thing we want to come together to show that we are one class, and we are proud of it (no matter how much we say we aren't)
     We go hard because we want to have fun, we want to make the most memories we can. When we look back on our final school spirit week we'll have memories of the cafe and hallways being flooded with red, the memories of teachers giving us strange expressions and laughing with us because of how crazy we look. We'll have memories that will stay with us forever, and what will the junior have that said the seniors "go way too hard", nothing. You won't have any pictures or memories. All you will know is that it was another day of school. I don't see the problem with wanting to have fun, and wanting to make memories. I don't see the problem of showing that we are seniors and we are more than happy that we made it to this point.
     Sorry that your class doesn't have as much fun as ours, sorry you aren't as united, sorry that you don't feel as though you should make memories. That's your problem, not ours. So don't go calling our class retarded.
GO B16 OR GO HOME

Side-note : the things I said were not aimed at all underclassmen and juniors because I know some of you have a lot of class pride, and you do understand why the seniors are going full out. My rant was aimed at the junior who made the ignorant comment as well as those who agree with said junior. 

10 comments:

  1. They are just jealous of our class to be honest....They wish they be us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. class of 2016 has always gone full out and will always go full out!

      Delete
  2. I want to say thank you for this! This really puts people into place. Especially since we live everyday to do crazy things anyways. Reason why we always go all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! Like let me be a weirdo, if it really effects you that much don´t look at me haha.

      Delete
  3. I think you can't really blame the person who made that comment. They simply don't understand what it's like. They haven't been here as long as we have, they haven't struggled with as many things and changes as we have. They aren't even a senior so of course they can't understand. It's simply a comment that stems from ignorance of not being with and dealing with people that you made great memories with for the past 6 years. They just won't get it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely get what you´re saying however we went all out every year we were here. They´re just jealous cuz their class doesn´t have as much spirit haha.

      Delete
  4. We are seniors and we are supposed to go all out, they will next year too. It is our last opportunity to show Bla spirit and we are going to. I love that you used the picture to emphasize everyone going all out. and btw i have red pants on (im the radom girl in the white shirt)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m mad that the junior jumped in tho... he wanted to be us so bad he just couldn´t help himself I guess.

      Delete
  5. We are seniors and we are supposed to go all out, they will next year too. It is our last opportunity to show Bla spirit and we are going to. I love that you used the picture to emphasize everyone going all out. and btw i have red pants on (im the radom girl in the white shirt)

    ReplyDelete
  6. People can get over it, we are having more fun than they are. That's there problem.

    ReplyDelete